DID YOU KNOW??
- 15% of diabetic patients develop an ulcer at some point in their life
- 70% probability of ulcer recurrence within 5 years
- 50% of diabetic patients with an ulcer develop an infection
- 14-24% of diabetic patients with an ulcer ultimately require an amputation
- 50% mortality rate in the 5 years following the initial amputation
All individuals with diabetes should at some stage be seeing a podiatrist. PW Podiatry will assess your circulation, nerve function, footwear, foot posture and your nail and skin condition. Reports will be sent to your relevant medical providers and ongoing care discussed where necessary. Most patients with diabetes are eligible for an EPC referral, which can be obtained from your General Practitioner.